I recently celebrated a birthday (3.21). I officially jumped out of the 25-34 age box, into the next group. Â Yep, I’m 35. Â I don’t feel older. Â No older than I did a day before anyway- when I was still technically 34. Â I know I am older though because I have already started to get the “Did you just turn 21?” comments. Â I know those are meant to be sweet, but it isn’t sweet because anyone knows you know that they are just trying to be sweet… that was a long, run-on sentence, but you know what I am saying. Â My uncle Bernie doesn’t sugar coat anything, so I knew it was a reality when I got a (imagine the quote in a Kennedy-esqueÂ BostonÂ accent) “You’re an old girl now, huh?” Sigh. Â Yes, Bernie I am.
Fun facts that I learned about my birthday: This Blog. Â I guess I am clear-sighted and drawn to people born 11/21-12/23. Â (My boyfriend’s birthday is 11/25)
Habit I will not give up ESPECIALLY now that I am 35: My monthly facialÂ appointment. Not going to give this one up, ever. Why you ask? Â Because I don’t really look 35! Â Well, that and the fact I don’t sun bathe or smoke.
In the spirit of being 35, I thought I would post about all things 35. Â Well, things that I come across, rather. Â I started with Google. Â It’s completely random what pops up in a search:
11 things 35:
- By this age I should have enough money equal to my annual salary
- I can run for president
- Rules for life after 35 (by Oprah). Â My favorites? 1,2,5,6,7,8,13,15,16,18,27 and 28!
- UnderÂ NCAAÂ rules for men’sÂ basketball, the offensive team hasÂ 35 secondsÂ to attempt a shot
- 35 mm filmÂ is the basic film gauge most commonly used for both analogÂ photographyÂ andÂ motion pictures
- “35 c”, a song byÂ JagÃºarÂ from the albumÂ JagÃºar
- The designation ofÂ Interstate 35, a freeway that runs fromÂ TexasÂ toÂ MinnesotaÂ and the only freeway to have Eastâ€“West divisions (in two places, theÂ Twin CitiesÂ and theÂ DFWMetroplex)
- Licence Plate code ofÂ Izmir/Turkey
- XXXVÂ (album), the thirty-fifth anniversary album byÂ folk rockÂ bandÂ Fairport Convention
- 35Â is the title of a book written byÂ Casper Schipper
- This plane:
So, here’s to another year of happiness, love, health and success! Cheers!